Since 1998 we have been working with NHS clients throughout the UK providing
a range of solutions designed specifically for staff in the Health Service.
We publish a quarterly newsletter exclusively for our NHS clients. If you would like to subscribe to this, please contact us.
Our 4 core offerings for the NHS are:-
- Training Courses. (Including our recently added CQC Workshops - see details below)
- Protected Learning Time
- Resources for Practice Managers
We have been working for the last 14 years with both GP Practices
individually, through the PCTs and a variety of Trusts to provide NHS
training for administrative staff. A brief list of these specialist
courses are listed below.
We are one of the Country's leading providers of Information Governance and confidentiality training, having delivered over 800 workshops on this subject throughout the UK.
Athelbrae have recently designed and delivered workshops for staff on the requirements and inspection process of the Care Quality Commission, (CQC). These workshops can be tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Understanding and implementing Information Governance
- Working with the Information Governance Toolkit
- Data Protection
- Chaperone training for GP Admin staff
- Complaints Training for Practice Managers
- Handling Difficult patients
- Patient Experience/Customer Service
- Training requirements identified through the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Standards
- Recruitment and Selection
- Appraisals for the NHS Appraiser
- Equality and Diversity in General Practice
- Teambuilding Events for Practices
In addition, we also provide soft skills training in Time Management,
Customer Care, Telephone Skills, Meetings Management, and
Do call us if you would like to talk through specific training needs.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) Workshops
Athelbrae have been commissioned by the Kent LMC to design and
deliver a series of workshops for GP Practices in Kent to simplify the
registration and compliance process of the Care Quality Commission, (CQC).
Following requests from clients, we have also designed and delivered training events for Practices reminding them of specific aspects of the CQC. These include Equality & Diversity, complaints, recruitment and the appraisal process.
Athelbrae regularly delivers Protected Learning Time training. To help Practices we have designed a special discounted package.
We have been commissioned to design two handbooks specifically to help
Practice Managers with the 'HR' part of their role. These are now available
to purchase directly from Athelbrae.
Each Handbook contains documents and templates which are licensed to the Practice to print and personalise for use.
Practice Managers' Handbook HR Pack
The Handbook contains a pack of template policies and procedures which will enable you to produce your own documents. It Includes:
- Contract of Employment
- Overview of Recruitment Procedures
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Grievance Procedures
- Sample Employee Handbook
- Time Off to Care for Dependents Policy
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Redundancy Policy
- Short & Long Term Sickness Policy
- Alcohol & Drug Policy
- Stress Policy
- Return to Work Procedure
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Dignity at Work Policy
- Information Governance Policies and forms
- Confidentiality Policy
- Bullying & Harassment Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- Plus a wide range of supporting guidance, letters and information
Recruitment and Induction Pack
The Recruitment and Induction Handbook gives you everything you need to
recruit new staff, (apart from the person themselves!) This has been
designed specifically for GP Practices to provide you with a wide range of
template policies and procedures for Recruitment and Induction which you can
easily personalise for your Practice. It includes:
- General Interview Tips
- Interview Scoring Matrix
- Reference Request Form
- Interview Questions & Planner
- Induction Sign Off Sheets
- Generic Job Descriptions
- Training Plan & Skills Matrix
- First Week Induction Planner
- Sample Employment Handbook
- Development Reviews
- Short List sifting template
- An overview of other recruitment tools
Each handbook costs only £99 + VAT and includes 12 months free updates. To order one, or both handbooks, please click here.